Pre-registration no later than May 31, 2017
june 12 - 16, 2017 Health & Wellness
July 24-28, 2017 Akron University
SCUBA Summer Camp teaches fun diving skills with hands on learning experiences. Young divers (ages 12 and up) become familiar with SCUBA equipment, diving techniques and will learn the skills required to be a certified SCUBA diver. This camp setting provides a safe and enjoyable way for teens to learn about the underwater world with their peers.
What is involved?
This course involves:
- Approximately 6-8 hours of pre-self study.
- Classroom session , during which students will review the homework and discuss upcoming pool dives and skills
- Five pool dives, in which students will develop open-water diving skills.
- For certifications, students will make five open-water training dives when done locally. (Referral to a tropic destination available)
The Health & Wellness (Stow) or The University of Akron classroom & pool. Local open-water dives will be at white star quarry.
Camp will be for one week June 12-16, 2017 or July 24-28, 2017. Choose a week. Each day from 9:00 to 2:30. Registration to be completed by June 2, 2017.
The course fee is $450 per student. This includes BC, Regulator,Tanks, Air Fills, Weights, Books, Dive Table, Log Book, Mask, Snorkel Fins & Boots, Open Water Dives & Certification Card. During Open Water students are responsible for transportation, lodging, meals, dive site admission, air fills at dive site, and must supply the items below.
- Swim Suit
- Lock for locker
- Sack lunch & Beverage.
Secure all form from deep six which include:
- Student Record folder
- Release of liability, waiver of claims
- Medical history information
- Basic questionnaire
- Statement of Understanding
*Students must be at least 12 years old!*